A GUIDE TO VINTAGE MAKEUP
If you love stars like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry, you are probably also a fan of vintage makeup—and what’s not to love? This clean, yet seductive look is a timeless classic that every woman should know how to wear. With its elegant creamy base and sexy come-hither lips, you’ll exude all the grace and allure of old Hollywood.
Here’s your easy-to-follow guide for creating the perfect vintage face.
- If you’ve ever seen a 1920s pin-up girl, you’ll notice that they always have seamless bright skin. To achieve this flawless base, you’ll need to properly prep your skin. Start with a high-quality exfoliant-cleanser to shed away any dead skin and help bring your newer skin to the surface for a brighter and healthier complexion.
- Next, you should apply a moisturizer to your face. If your skin tends to be dry, you should use a creamy formula, and if your skin tends to be oily, use an oil free gel-based formula.
- At this point you are ready to begin your makeup. You will start with a powder-based foundation to create a smooth and matte finish. It is important to apply the product with a wide-set brush with soft bristles such as the BLACK BEAUTY POWDER BRUSH.
- Use concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles under the eyes. It is usually best to use your finger for application and softly press the product onto the skin for a natural effect.
- Now get ready for fabulous va-va-voom eyes! Vintage eyes are all about playful flirty peepers. For the eye lids, you should use a soft feminine color like oyster or petal pink and fill the crease with a darker brown or charcoal shade, and blend upward.
- Next, you will sexify your eyes with a sleek swipe of black liquid eye liner. To get the vintage effect, you should allow the line to be thick and extend beyond the corner of your eye. This will give a cat-like sophistication to the face. You will finish this step with a coat of black mascara.
- If you’re a fan of thicker brows, then get ready to change it up! The vintage eye brow is slim, slim, slim. Use your brow pencil to exaggerate your arch by drawing on top of the area where your eye brow starts to bend.
- Lastly, your lips will be a matte red. Now pucker up and blow a kiss to the camera—you’re one hot vintage diva!